Sunday, July 12, 2009

1 O'Clock

My work schedule has changed so that I now have Sunday's off. Last Sunday I was getting into the car to drive to church, still not used to the 9am meeting time and I turned to Elizabeth and commented that I really had enjoyed the singles wards because we always met around 1pm, which meant I could sleep in.

She and I arrived at church just as Relief Society was starting. We got situated and then I looked up to see that the clock was off. It was running as if it was 1pm. I turned to Elizabeth, pointing at the clock in which both of us couldn't help but crack a smile.

I don't think it was a coinsidence - others might. I get the feeling that someone upstairs has been watching over this mortal life of mine and could see a bit of humor that needed pointing out. I can't help but think that they were enjoying themselves over this little practical joke.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Give us two more years and we'll start at 1:00 for real.

NelsonFam said...

Funny! :)