Friday, November 30, 2007

Holiday Madness

So, I picked up a part-time job at Macy's for the holidays. It's crazy fun. I've already made new friends, sold hundreds of dollars in jewelery and cleaned up their work space. It was filthy!

My legs hurt but I think they are getting stronger. I can now stand for 2-3 hrs at a time. I'm wiped-out at the end of each shift and it takes 12-14 hrs of sleep to bring the pain back into a more normal range. If I'm patient my body can turn things around. It means not getting other things accomplished but that's the price I pay right now.

4 comments:

Jason and Emily said...

I love your honesty here. I will never tell anyone to "Just cheer up." My sister told me that what people are really saying is, "Your sadness is making me feel uncomfortable because I don't know what to do, so please feel better soon because I know how to handle it."

I keep forgetting to add your blog to my links. Would you still be ok if I did that? It would go way public at that point...and I'm even struggling with mine being public right now!

Jenni said...

Thanks for sharing your feelings with us Tessha. I was excited when I saw you updated your blog. I wish there was a magic fix or something I could do to make it better. But I know there's not.

Just know that I think you're beautiful and one of most kindest, giving people I've ever met.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your true feelings. It's nice to see what you are doing and how you are feeling. I'm humbled by your strength to keep trying and my heart cries for you when i think of all that you have gone through. But as you know the Lord loves you and someday you will be rewarded without end for your faithfulness. I'm proud to be your sister. Keep on posting.

Will Thomas said...

Thanks for the unique glimpse into your depression. That's the great purpose of a blog, to help others see what life is like in your shoes.

We are all voyeurers in this cyber day and age and the reason we look at each others blogs is to be able to peak into the windows of our friends and family's lifes and get a feel for their life’s so that we can better relate with them.

We love ya! Keep blogging and we'll all better understand this experience you are going through.