Thursday, March 27, 2008

Health Update

I found a new doctor that has titled my symptoms Chronic Fatigue & Fybromyalgia, which is what we've thought all along. It's frustrating to me because they are both so vague. It's like a last resort - we can't find anything else - so we'll call it this.

There's not an understood cause or a treatment other than pain medications. I try to get quality sleep, as much exercise as my body can tolerate and good nutrition which is what all the books recommend.

My last lab results showed that my iron was low, so I started on some supplements which have helped. I had two really good days right after I started taking them and was convinced that I was on my way to recovery but since then the improvements have been marginal. It's hard not being able to do anything to fix it but I know I'm doing the best I can.

8 comments:

Dalynn said...

Yeah - I bet it's nice to finally have a diagnosis. I had a professor in college who had chronic fatigue. She treated hers entirely through her diet. I'm sure, just like Daniel's Crohns, every case is different and thus requires different treatment. Good luck with everything!

Unknown said...

Hi Tessha,

It's good to see you've been able to blog again. I agree with Dalynn. Your in our prayers, and we think about you all the time. thanks so much for your help and support. For all of you who don't know, Tessha has helped us get the money we need to fly home for Christmas. HURRAY! We love you so much.

Will Thomas said...

Thanks for the update Tessha. It's always nice to know your status as you are always in out thoughts and prayers.

I hope you find what works for you soon.

Dan Thomas said...

Dear Tessha,

I am so glad you found a Dr. that is going to work for you. I hope your plan of quality food, exercise and rest works for you. Don't try and do to much. It just does not work.

Love,
Dad

Sandy said...

You're doing everything the very best you can and I think you're amazing!! I'm so glad you're here with us.

Jenni said...

This is GOOD news. :) I'm glad to hear they finally called it something, even if you sort of already knew it all along. And even if the improvements are small, they are a step in the right direction. You are amazing Tessha - so excited to see you getting healthier and happier.

The Thomas Family said...

Okay sounds like a step forward at least.
You are in our prayers and thoughts. We hope this is just the first step towards major improvements.
We love ya and think you are incredible. You just keep on chugging regardless of hardship.
Thanks for the update. Please keep us posted. Love you!

Ellen H said...

Sorry to hear you can't come but it worked out well because I'm starting a job on Monday!!! Hope you get the help you need to overcome your health issues.
We'll see you at the Allison reunion. xoxox Ellen, Kevin, Max & Cooper