Sunday, August 24, 2008

Alice Cooper visits the Macy's Jewelry Counter






Alice Cooper, the infamous 70's heavy metal rock star came to Macy's before his Idaho Falls concert a few weeks ago. Who would have thought? I didn't even know there was a concert. I wasn't working at the time but my co-worker helped him and his two teen daughters pick out some Lucky jewelry. They visited for while. She said he was wearing a ball cap, with a rugged look and still had long hair. He was laid back, conversational and even signed autographs.
Celebrities Rumored to be Mormon (famousmormons.net)

One of Provo's most cherished urban legends is the "Alice Cooper on a (LDS) mission" story. When I first checked out Cooper's Web sites, I found out his father's name was Ether Moroni Furnier. Not exactly a good Catholic name if you're catching my drift. I was convinced all the stories were true, but for a while couldn't get any solid leads. Then I found out Jay Evenson, who is the Deseret News' editorial page editor and teaches an opinion writing class at BYU, interviewed Cooper once a few years ago. Come to find out, Cooper's family were members of an offshoot of the LDS Church. I guess all those "kicked off the mission" stories weren't true. Close, but not quite.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

You're like almost Famous now. hehehe

That is so cool.

Peggy said...

Tessha - It's Aunt Peggy! Found you on Shelly's blog. At the Emporium we have a book called "Hollywood Dad's"; it's really cool. Wonder if Alice Cooper is in there, since he was with his daughters. I'll let you know.

By chance did you follow him in the seventies? Just teasing...

Chrystal said...

Interesting story. I'd never heard it!

But, I'm glad you're back to blogging, Tessha!