Thursday, June 2, 2011

Hexam, England




We took things easy the first day in England. Hexam was the closest town to the golf resort where we were staying. Chrystal and I wandered off while the guys were looking for the perfect hat and found Phat Kats cafe where Dan fell in love with a certain kind of hot chocolate dipper. This was the jump start for me of a week of soup sampling. I really enjoyed all the various soups England had to offer.







Chris finds an old Abby in Hexam that we all explore.






We saw many amazing pieces of stained glass at the Abby. This one depicts Christ's assention to heaven after his resurrection.





Just an Abby door...but it's so small! It's about as tall as I am.





Chris, my travel partner on the go.



The backroads were windy and narrow. Their was a one lane bridge we crossed many times coming too and from Hexam and Dan was a supurb driver!



Hexam also had some of our favorite restaurants. One of them we went to twice. Of course, it was Italian.




2 comments:

Sandy said...

How fun to see your pictures. I love old wooden doors; big or little.

DAN said...

Oh how I miss that hot Chocolate!