Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Louvre Musee, Walking Tours and More

Venus De Milo


Winged Victory of Samothrace
(A favorite of mine. I saw the Nike Goddess on tour in Greece years ago and this was just as impressive.)



The Lacemaker by Vermeer

Sorry, this is a terrible picture. Vermeer is on my top five list.






Reminded me of my own sisters, Jane Austin and other girly expressions.






Yep. Mona Lisa. Been there, done that.






This is my Parisian scarf with Paris icon's printed in greys. I bought it while I was out on one of my late night walks. As soon as I got it and put it on I felt silly realizing I looked even more like a tourist, but wore it around anyway.




Here we have Notre Dame, saved by Victor Hugo's famous novel.


I stood there listening to our guide tell the story and thought of my brother Seth that loves to write. What a powerful means for influencing history!





The Artist's Bridge where lovers initial their locks, clip them tot the fence and then toss the keys overboard symbolizing their everlasting commitment.


Our guide was hilarious...offering suggestions to the guys on how to save costs by only dating girls with the same initials, keeping a copy of the key so they can retrieve the lock for reuse and other antedotes.





St Christopher's Inn


I stayed in a multi-bunk hostel. It wasn't my first time and not too bad. I met people from all over the world; China, Brazil, Australia, Scotland, Germany and more. I'd do it again if it meant I got to travel.





Sacre' Coeur Basillica at night.





Hotel d' Invalides


...kind of like the local VA during Napoleon's reign...




Arnaud, our guide.


If anyone is going to be traveling in Europe I highly recommend NewEuropeTours.eu They offer free walking tours, working for tips only. I got a ton of info, saw highlights of Paris and thoroughly enjoyed myself.




This is Michael casting out Satan from heaven.





Foggy day standing outside the Louvre Gardens.




Entrance to the Louvre





One evening I walked to the Eiffle Tower and took the elevator up as far as it would go. I found myself in a solitary mood in the late evening looking out out on a clear lit cityscape and taking in the breeze.

5 comments:

James and Elizabeth said...

Beautiful.

Sandy said...

So glad you got to Paris!! So glad Elizabeth and James got us to Paris for one day. It is beautiful and so worth the trip. I love your picturs.

Dan Thomas said...

Tessha, I am so glad you did the blog. I have been twice to the Louve and loved it both time. One of my favorite things in my room is my replica of the" Wing Victory" I can remember my Dad buying(Mom told him he would never get home with it.) it then talking clear back to Stutgart Germany (Where Gaylin and Pam were stationed.) in the van on his lap so it would not get broken.

Will Thomas said...

Okay, you got to quite posting amazing travel blogs of Europe or Jenni's going to book a vacation whether I approve or not. lol Looks like fun.

DaddyPatrick said...

Tessha - I really enjoy seeing your photos and reading your commentary too. You're a great writer AND photographer.

You're also the perennial travel bug and I feel your passion the same way you do. What great experiences you've had (and, hey ... who says you aren't photogenic? You look fantastic in all of these pics)!

Take care, my friend ... and happy travels. Riv