Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Bambourgh Castle, England


Apparetently Bambourgh Castle is reported to be haunted. There are several stories of ghost encounters. One of the daughters of a nobleman committed suicide at a young age by jumping off the outerwall when she was forbidden to marry her love. There's more to the story than that but she has beem reported to be seen on the grounds and has been heard crying in the hallways. It was a little spooky at times. I found myself checking corners and getting nervous when the others went ahead of me on the self guided tour... So unlike me.








The lighting wasn't very good for pictures but I took some anyway of the tapesties, french furniture and other luxuries of their day, including a fridge.



View of Grace's Island from the castle.



Gracie Darling is a story of a young Lighthouse Keeper's teen daughter who rows out to a shipwreck in all heroics during a violent storm. She saves the lives of a few dozen people. She has gone down in history as a true English legend.


2 comments:

James and Elizabeth said...

Wow, you really did do just about every thing while in England. I love it.

Dan Thomas said...

The hat I have by the same name is very cool! Sorry the girl commited suiced but I don't want to judge her. I have little room. It is sad when you feel safest locked up.